Whilst we may not always be able to provide you with the outcome you want in your case, we aim to provide you with a good level of service in line with our customer service principles.
Our process for investigating your complaint about a lawyer or CMC gives you an opportunity to challenge and comment on the views of your investigator. For example, if you are unhappy with the following we will explain the next steps:
- which investigator is dealing with your case
- our views about your case
- our decision not to accept a complaint for investigation and/or the issues we can look into
- how we undertake an investigation
- the case decision or the ombudsman’s final decision.
However, if you are unhappy with the service you have received we will try and put things right for you. For example, if you feel we have:
- been rude to you
- not contacted you in the way you’d asked
- not kept you updated on progress or caused unnecessary delays.
Read the factsheet below for more information: