Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your regulated legal service provider in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
This guidance for legal service providers sets out our approach when considering complaints as a result of the difficulties brought about by COVID-19. We are currently able to maintain a reasonable level of service...April 15, 2020
31st March, 2020 The Legal Ombudsman welcomes the appointment of Elisabeth Davies to the post of Chair of the Office for Legal Complaints (OLC). The OLC Board oversees the work of the Legal Ombudsman...March 31, 2020
- We’re working hard to provide our service to those who need us, and our phone lines continue to remain open Monday… https://t.co/coo5vwjmKi
- Did you know that we provide some of our information in Welsh? To view these pages visit: https://t.co/9CkN7IR7Ie https://t.co/BUJr16QPki
- We're looking forward to speaking @LpoolLawSociety 2020 compliance tomorrow (3 June) to talk about unreasonable services and remedies.
- We help legal professionals too! You can view our guidance and resources for legal service providers here:… https://t.co/sLgp9jpboX
- @Moniquezw @financialombuds @consumerrightuk @Debenhams Hi, we help people who have complaints about their legal se… https://t.co/rLDZ3KLavK
- Sometimes we cannot help you with your query but will redirect you to someone who can. View a list of the organisat… https://t.co/X4leC2wpNi