We are currently dealing with a high volume of enquiries.
Due to the significant volume of cases we are dealing with, it is currently taking longer than expected to assess and investigate your complaints.
Please be aware that it could be at least six months before we can start looking at your complaints.
We thank you for your patience and would like to reassure you that our teams are working very hard to resolve complaints fairly and as quickly as possible.
Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
We’ve launched an online self-service tool to give consumers a quicker way to discover whether their complaint can be handled immediately, or by another organisation; or is simply too early to be dealt with...December 4, 2018
Our Chair, Wanda Goldwag has been interviewed as part of the Law Society City Conversations series. Hear her talking about our work with complaints, the importance of service and understanding consumers requirements and the...Nov 6, 2018
- Here’s some refreshed guidance on signposting customers to the legal ombudsman: https://t.co/UL5fS3YOLO https://t.co/R143qhdaXk
- Feeling bamboozled by legal jargon? Is it stopping you from making a complaint about the legal profession? We've pu… https://t.co/iAs2R00PuS
- The new SRA Transparency Rules come into effect on 6 December! This requires firms to publish details about their c… https://t.co/Or40nGbgV8
- @HampshireLawyer Hi, apologies it means Information Technology and Governance. Thanks.
- Nikki Greenway, our Head of ITG, was recently featured in Modern Law Magazine https://t.co/R9vUDAYHs4 (page 27) wh… https://t.co/Lna3B9KLT2
- Are you confused about where to get help on conveyancing matters? Our joint leaflet with @CLConveyancers will help… https://t.co/UZ1C3HWJke