We are currently dealing with a high volume of enquiries.
Due to the significant volume of cases we are dealing with, it is currently taking longer than expected to assess and investigate your complaints.
Please be aware that it could be at least six months before we can start looking at your complaints.
We thank you for your patience and would like to reassure you that our teams are working very hard to resolve complaints fairly and as quickly as possible.
Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
14 December 2018 Today, the Legal Ombudsman has published the consultation document on its 2019-20 Business Plan and Budget, which can be viewed here. This business plan marks the final year of our wider...December 14, 2018
We’ve launched an online self-service tool to give consumers a quicker way to discover whether their complaint can be handled immediately, or by another organisation; or is simply too early to be dealt with...December 4, 2018
- Our business plan is open for consultation today (14 December). You can learn more about our business plan by visit… https://t.co/Se00cZsopf
- Are you unhappy with the level of service you’re receiving from us? Find out where to go by visiting:… https://t.co/RiDvHefB8t
- If you bring a complaint to us, visit: https://t.co/xlX07DOTWE to find out how we approach the process. https://t.co/Rx5LIPDpgD
- We’re always looking for talented people to work with us in our Birmingham office. If you are interested in our Fin… https://t.co/fQAHlL04xr
- Do you need to bring a complaint to us? Find out our commitment to you. Visit: https://t.co/Vnykr9gqRO https://t.co/tjKjqig9OI
- This afternoon, we’re at the @UniversityofLaw in London to deliver our Remedies and Learning from complaints. We wi… https://t.co/DioIiMp6Q1