Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and Legal Ombudsman (LeO) research into first tier complaints handling showed that there could be improvements in how some law firms deal with complaints. Nine out of ten firms...August 7, 2018
19 July 2018 The Office for Legal Complaints (OLC), which oversees the Legal Ombudsman (LeO), has today presented its Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 to Parliament. LeO accepted 7,527 legal complaints in the 2017-18...July 19, 2018
- Have you received a complaint about your service? See our guide to good complaints handling for some advice on how… https://t.co/qESOupZWrC
- Our Senior Ombudsman, Clair Daniel, is in Wales today (18 October) to deliver a seminar on complaint handling to Legal Network Wales.
- On 12 Dec @UniversityofLaw, we'll be running a course looking at the common issues lawyers face when handling compl… https://t.co/OYdfHdL41e
- Miss B was going through a difficult time and decided to cancel her contract with her claims management company, bu… https://t.co/SaG1BIGa24
- This guidance outlines LeO’s approach to dealing with cybercrime. It provides information on what you need to consi… https://t.co/hr3gKtgERt