We are currently dealing with a high volume of enquiries.
Due to the significant volume of cases we are dealing with, it is currently taking longer than expected to assess and investigate your complaints.
Please be aware that it could be at least six months before we can start looking at your complaints.
We thank you for your patience and would like to reassure you that our teams are working very hard to resolve complaints fairly and as quickly as possible.
Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
Our Chair, Wanda Goldwag has been interviewed as part of the Law Society City Conversations series. Hear her talking about our work with complaints, the importance of service and understanding consumers requirements and the...November 6, 2018
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and Legal Ombudsman (LeO) research into first tier complaints handling showed that there could be improvements in how some law firms deal with complaints. Nine out of ten firms...August 7, 2018
- @RJProduction3 Hello there. Can your friend get in touch via DM with the case reference number and a contact phone number please?
- @JamieMcKeeMJS @adrianflux Hi Jamie, thanks for getting in touch. I have read your message thread, it looks like Ad… https://t.co/Amtw5pScL0
- Knowledge is power! If you want to learn more about common conveyancing complaints, Mariette Hughes, our senior omb… https://t.co/yObNC7lnYz
- Client satisfaction ensures long-term success. Visit https://t.co/wjGuui2JC0 to get our guide on good complaints ha… https://t.co/BTPbLHrZ51
- Our research shows that more can be done to improve how some law firms deal with complaints. We have refreshed our… https://t.co/Ssslu8Zuah
- We are hiring! We’re looking for an IT Business Analyst to join us (immediate start) on a fixed-term basis until 29… https://t.co/usFzzi4wNy