We are currently dealing with a high volume of enquiries.
Due to the significant volume of cases we are dealing with, it is currently taking longer than expected to assess and investigate your complaints.
Please be aware that it could be at least six months before we can start looking at your complaints.
We thank you for your patience and would like to reassure you that our teams are working very hard to resolve complaints fairly and as quickly as possible.
Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
2 January, 2019 Today, the Legal Ombudsman is publishing minor technical changes to its Scheme Rules for a period of representations, in compliance with Section 205 of the Legal Services Act 2007. These changes are not substantive....January 2, 2019
14 December 2018 Today, the Legal Ombudsman has published the consultation document on its 2019-20 Business Plan and Budget, which can be viewed here. This business plan marks the final year of our wider...December 14, 2018
- We're recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our External Affairs team. This is an opportunity… https://t.co/MKd86qd7fl
- When we look at complaints, we aim to be fair and impartial. Our investigators will ask both parties to provide us… https://t.co/NHc8eCSHKp
- Our case studies show the complaints we have handled. To find out more read: https://t.co/wC2HJ6PYem https://t.co/BTZ930XMGl
- @TheCode_CCHB @KeithSzymo 2/2: Did you know that you can use our online customer service tool to assess whether we… https://t.co/tWQz8FmZMI
- @TheCode_CCHB @KeithSzymo 1/2: We can help if you have already complained to your legal representatives (who must b… https://t.co/N6wz3cF2U5
- Legal Ombudsman and @sra_solicitors have published research on Better Information in the Legal Services Market, whi… https://t.co/0c0o87rY4w