Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your regulated legal service provider in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
Edition 22: LeO News is the Legal Ombudsman’s quarterly newsletter. In this edition, you can read about our: Business Plan and Strategy consultation; Transparency discussion paper and take a closer look at case fees....January 2, 2020
16 December 2019 Today, the Legal Ombudsman has published a consultation document on its Corporate Strategy for 2020-2023. The full press release can be viewed here. This marks the beginning of a new three-year...December 16, 2019
- Sometimes we cannot help you with your query but will redirect you to someone who can. View a list of the organisat… https://t.co/vhLeJun3Mc
- Our scheme rules set out the framework for how we resolve complaints about legal services. You can find out more by… https://t.co/JdGnL9Zwuk
- In the latest version of LeO news, we take a look at some common myths surrounding case fees. You can find out more… https://t.co/k3IExCKIBM
- Got a question about our scheme rules? There may already be an answer. Follow the link below for some FAQs about ou… https://t.co/BZOhLfHyDH