Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
The Legal Ombudsman has today published its Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) on this website. The document is an agreement between our two organisations, outlining how we will work together following the Legal Services...March 19, 2018
We have published a public interest decision about Claimline Direct UK Limited, a claims management company.
14 March, 2018 We have published the details of a series of decisions about Claimline Direct UK Limited. Our board have decided to highlight concerns about the company after receiving over 100 complaints and...March 13, 2018
- If you missed her talk @LegalexShow yesterday, make sure you stop by Theatre 8 at 11am today to hear from our Senio… https://t.co/Z7CbkefP7X
- We are at @LegalexShow today and waiting to speak to you! Stop by for top tips on complaint handling and more. https://t.co/tbPrSrArhK
- Our ombudsman Clair Daniel will be speaking at #LegalexShow today. 3pm in Theatre 3. Come along and find out more a… https://t.co/fu5xeE0BUe
- Accident Management Complaints Course - 03 April – Birmingham – watch our short video to find out more. For more in… https://t.co/PYd9owBmR5
- “Stopping complaints before they happen” Read our column in @ModernLawMag on p25 about complaints in conveyancing https://t.co/bSDHkmSOyv
- Attending @LegalexShow ? Come along and hear ombudsman Clair Daniel speak about complaint handling and our latest r… https://t.co/gK8TJSPbBP