Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
LeO News is the Legal Ombudsman’s quarterly newsletter. In this edition: read all about our research with the SRA into first-tier complaints; find out more about the Head of Regulatory Policy at ICAEW in our Q&A; and hear about latest news, research and...April 27, 2018
11 April 2018 Today, the Legal Ombudsman is publishing its new Scheme Rules, which will be effective from Monday 16 April 2018. These have been approved by the Legal Services Board. Only minor changes have...April 11, 2018
- Unhappy with the service from your service provider? Don't know how to raise your issues? Use our sample letter to… https://t.co/vaBW5wkfeJ
- Do you need to use a lawyer but are unsure of where to start? This is our guide to help you through this process. https://t.co/J14L3c7FNF
- We’re looking for an Associate Project Manager to be a part of delivering key projects at the Legal Ombudsman. Perf… https://t.co/btk3TeMLBg
- We’re looking for an Associate Project Manager to be a part of delivering key projects at the Legal Ombudsman. Perf… https://t.co/AK2l0DdgAa
- Find out more about what happening at the Legal Ombudsman through our latest edition of LeO News:… https://t.co/DtYcmwRNVS