Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
The Legal Ombudsman and SRA have today published new research looking at the information which supports consumers to choose the right legal service provider. Read the press release here. Read the full research here.June 14, 2018
LeO News is the Legal Ombudsman’s quarterly newsletter. In this edition: read all about our research with the SRA into first-tier complaints; find out more about the Head of Regulatory Policy at ICAEW in our Q&A; and hear about latest news, research and...April 27, 2018
- Complaints Handling for Barristers. Attend our course in Birmingham on 27 June to find out more about the barrister… https://t.co/nDktuEDhP4
- Research published today by @Legal_Ombudsman and @sra_solicitors shows consumers want clearer info on cost when pur… https://t.co/LysqFQDXWa
- Join us @stphilips chambers on 27th June for our course "Complaints Handling for Barristers" https://t.co/rUerjRNX4l
- We’re looking forward to attending the @legal_choices workshop today.
- Sign up to LeO News to find out more what is happening at the Legal Ombudsman. Find out more here:… https://t.co/aYbNawpbTa
- We support apprenticeships here @Legal_Ombudsman. We’re seeking an ambitious individual to join our IT Governance d… https://t.co/uzjjzVxguH