Other organisations who may be able to help you

The Solicitors Regulation Authority They regulate the way in which solicitors do business and their behaviour. They also have the authority to investigate their conduct and stop them practising.
Citizens Advice Provide free advice about legal and money problems.
The Law Society of England and Wales Has a searchable database of authorised solicitors, where they are and what areas of law they practise. They also have easy-to-understand guides about common legal issues.
Financial Ombudsman Service Contact them if you have a problem with your bank, insurer or finance company.
Senior Courts Costs Office They can check the amount a solicitor has charged against the work done for proceedings in court. There is a charge for this service.
Legal Aid Agency Provides civil and criminal legal aid and advice in England and Wales.
Scottish Legal Complaints Commission For complaints about legal service providers in Scotland.
Judicial Conduct and Investigations Office For complaints about the personal conduct of judges, recorders and court coroners.
Claims Management Regulator They regulate claims management companies. They also have the authority to investigate their conduct and can withdraw their authorisation to trade.
Bar Standards Board They regulate barristers and have a searchable database of authorised barristers.
Professional Paralegal Register This is a voluntary register for professional paralegals.
Ombudsman Services  They can help with unresolved communications, energy, property or consumer complaints.

Something wrong with this page?

Help us improve

Please don’t include any personal/financial information.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


What went wrong?/Or what were you looking for?