Professional learning courses
Led by our ombudsmen, our courses focus on first tier complaints handling and best practice. We aim to help service providers understand the Legal Ombudsman’s investigation process and how to introduce different aspects of complaint handling and customer care. We do this using a combination of case studies, Q&A and presentations.
Details will appear on this page when new course dates are set but for further information about courses please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These courses are free to attend and are available to professionals who work for a firm regulated under the Legal Services Act.
What people have said about our courses
- “Very good and I was pleased copies of the slides were provided for us to take away – this was very helpful. More examples could be useful.”Dec 2018, London
- “Lots of knowledge. Helpful to review a complaint and then explain remedy decided.”Nov 2017, Birmingham
- “More examples written down, though the stories and anecdotes given throughout were very helpful.”Dec 2018, London
- “Really well presented, engaging and very informative. Aims definitely met.May 2019, Leeds
- “Really engaged course, made the Ombudsman service and those that work there “human” and not a faceless entity, really well done Clair and Sophie”May 2019, Leeds
- “Very good overview of how LeO operates and makes decisions.”Feb 2018, Birmingham
- Administrative documents0
- Annual reports0
- Audit and Risk Committee0
- Board papers0
- Case summaries0
- Closed consultations0
- Closed tenders0
- Complaint form0
- Consultation feedback0
- Consultation responses0
- Consumer guides0
- Corporate reporting0
- Current consultations0
- Easy read0
- Fact sheets0
- Gifts and hospitality0
- Governance and framework0
- Guidance and resources0
- Open letters0
- Our board0
- Our policies0
- Press releases0
- Remuneration and Nomination Committee0
- Research and Surveys0
- Scheme rules0
- Service provider guides0
- Strategy and budget0
- Terms of reference0
- Thematic reports0
- Welsh Language0
- When is a complaint dismissed?0
- When is a complaint out of jurisdiction?0
- When is a complaint out of time?0
The Legal Ombudsman is seeking views about the ways we could possibly improve the transparency of our work, and...
The Welsh Language Act 1993 established a duty for public organisations providing services in Wales to produce a Welsh...
The Office for Legal Complaints (OLC) publishes an Annual Report and Accounts every year, which contains performance, accountability and...
A report is produced by our Service Complaint Adjudicator at the end of every financial year. This gives information...
Following a period of consultation which ran from 14 December 2018 to 24 January 2019, the Legal Ombudsman produced...
We are committed to the highest standards of openness, probity and accountability. Whistleblowing is when an individual brings information...
On 30 January 2019, the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) responded to a consultation issued by the Legal Services Board (LSB)...
This business plan marks the final year of our wider 2017-2020 strategy. We are proud of the progress we’ve...
In January 2019, Legal Ombudsman proposed to make minor technical changes to its Scheme Rules, issuing a paper for...
Factsheet 9 – The transfer of CMC complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service Larger print version
On 2 August 2018, the Legal Ombudsman (LeO) responded to a consultation issued by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)...
The Office for Legal Complaints’ (OLC) Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18 contains performance and financial information about the Legal...
Interview with a complainant
Something wrong with this page?
Please don’t include any personal/ financial information.