Helping the public
We’re here to help sort out complaints about the service you have received from your lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. We’re free, independent and fair.
Helping Legal Professionals
We can help legal service providers improve their complaint handling. Find out more about how we work and what you can do to address complaints before they come to us.
- How we help legal professionals
- Courses & Decisions
- Case fees
- Guides & advice for professionals
- FAQs for legal professionals
13 February, 2018 The Chair of the Office for Legal Complaints (OLC) has today welcomed the appointment of three new non-executive directors. Joining the OLC board will be Dr Jane Martin CBE, currently Chair...February 13, 2018
5 February, 2018 The Legal Ombudsman responded today to the final report of the Competition and Markets Authority’s Legal Services Market Study. The report was issued by the Competition and Markets Authority in December 2016. It outlines findings and recommendations to address...February 5, 2018
- New CMC courses available! To find out more or to book a place, visit: https://t.co/Ozj8FGDjch https://t.co/PivQagViNp
- We have a new column in @ModernLawMag on its panel of Editorial Board experts. You can read our latest on being ope… https://t.co/e9JVakelRM
- Latest news: Chair of the Office for #Legal Complaints @wandagoldwag welcomes appointment of 3 new non-executive di… https://t.co/4qvjIupGBt
- If you need to bring a complaint to us, here's a short video on completing the complaint form and the level of deta… https://t.co/GScu5pIIou
- Want to improve your complaints handling? Our next course remedies and Learning from Complaints takes place on 23 F… https://t.co/qAg394MLCu